Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Party Decorating: Use what you Own - Collections








I'm a born collector. Are you? If you are consider using your collections to decorate for parties. At this bridal shower I pulled out all my white glassware. I used my beautiful pitchers to make felt, yo-yo, silk flower arrangements for the centerpieces. I also used my white dishware for the nuts and mints. Dishware can easily be found at goodwill, salvation army, thrift stores, antique stores, and yard sales. Keep your eyes open and maybe you can start a collection. The dishes that had scalloped edges also received a purple ribbon through them to spice them up a bit. I used the purple tablecloths from the dollar store to pop all my white platters for the food table as well. If you don't have a collection yet see if someone you know does. My sister in law had about 5 pieces I borrowed and everyone else had a couple to make sure everything coordinated.




Some other great collection ideas to use at parties are - bird houses, watering cans, anything that can be used as a container for flowers. How about putting a theme to a shower or party. Is someone a photographer? Maybe you can find some great old cameras at a thrift store to use as centerpieces. How about someone who loves trains(you can find some great toy trains at the dollar store), I could go on and on but will stop for now.



If you have any other ideas please leave a comment. I love to share ideas. Hope :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment