Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Food Fun





























There is nothing better than pretty food at a party. It makes everything seem more special and unique. I recruited my mom, aunt, and sister and law to help with the food since it's not one of my strong points. HEY ya gotta know your limits when your pulling off a party :)
We used my white dishes to show off the great food. I did do the fruit kabobs and they turned out very pretty. I'm thinking I could have stuck them in a watermelon or added them to a fruit tray in a circular manner with the dip in the middle. You can usually find the kabob sticks at the dollar store and in the kitchen utensil aisle at Wal-Mart. You can probably pick up a pamphlet for later ideas also. I keep a food notebook that I staple pics of ideas for later use in it. This comes in handy and I have piles of notebooks instead of piles of individual pictures.

Add some leafy vegetables around each item and they seem to go together better. Keep the top of the pineapple to give some texture and pizzazz to a fruit tray. We used parsley to spruce up these dishes.

Here is the fruit dip my sister in law gave me to make:
EASY AND DELICIOUS FRUIT DIP
1 small jar of marshmallow creme
1 8 oz square of cream cheese
Mix together removing lumps from cream cheese and chill. This was yummy!

My mom took the sandwiches cut them in fourths and stood them up. She got this idea by looking at sandwich trays at the grocery store. A great place to look for food displays in your local Deli that makes food trays.

0 comments:

Post a Comment