Monday, June 22, 2009

Casual Cookout







My dh wanted to have a casual get together for work. He said upfront I couldn't make cutesy stuff or mess up the house making things for the party. So I went on a hunt for some cute things to put the food in...we had to eat right? I found a plastic bird bath that was great for the relish tray. I also found the flower pot saucers for the chips and dip. But my favorite of all was the turtle kiddie pool that we filled with ice and put all the drinks in. It was $10 bucks at Walmart and they had a hippo too but I thought the turtle went better with the outdoor/cookout party we were having. I also plan to reuse all of these containers at a garden themed party I'm having later in the month. Have you found any unique containers for food that you just loved?
Hope XOXO

2 comments:

Lisa said...

great ideas!

Ashley said...

Love your blog! Lots of great ideas!
Send me an email so I can get you a "happy" for suggesting some party games for the pirate party!
thehiphostess@yahoo.com

Post a Comment